How to Use Eggfruit
The sweet, mousse-like flesh of the Eggfruit makes a great sugar substitute in many recipes.
The most popular way to use egg fruit – besides eating it as a fruit – is in an eggfruit nog:
Simply peel a ripe eggfruit, remove the seeds and combine the flesh in a blender along with milk, sugar, a touch of vanilla extract, and a pinch of grated nutmeg. Blend all until smooth.
Egg fruit is also great in custards, ice cream, spreads, pie fillings, and baked into bread, cakes, and pancakes. Or simply blended in with some almond milk, oat milk, or regular milk for a satisfying smoothie. Lime and honey pair well with the soft notes of eggfruit, so add a touch according to your taste.
Health Benefits of the Egg Fruit
- Rich in Beta-Carotene and Vitamin A; the bright orangy color might give it away, there’s a lot of beta-carotene which is Vitamin A once your body has converted it. Great for the eyes and the hair.
- A Muscle Strengthener; Eggfruit helps you build muscle by providing iron and other minerals to improve blood health and increase cellular function.
- Improve Cognition & Brain Health; Iron is again responsible and helps your brain get more oxygen, which simply results in better performance of the brain and cognitive activity. Helps to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- A great number of Antioxidants; in particular polyphenols that are vital in preventing chronic and fatal diseases like cancer, heart disease, obesity, etc.
- Lower the risk of diabetes; controlling sugar levels is nowadays quite a thing. And diabetes is the new disease we all have to be aware of. Eating fruit is a great way to beat these things!
- Healthy joints and Cartilage; Niacin in Egg fruit increases the flexibility of joints and improves movement and believed to fight all forms of arthritis.
- Immune System Booster; Vitamin C is considered to be the fighter to kill flu and colds. And importantly, delay sicknesses like pneumonia and lung infections.
- Improves going to the toilet; fibers help a better stool and egg fruit is helping to soften your stool and a great way to keep constipation on a distance!
- Natural Anti-Microbial; eating egg fruit regularly helps to clear bacterial and fungal infections in the body. What do you want more?