Since not everyone is familiar with the great benefits that avocados have to offer, we like to give you some more knowledge of avocados. Here you can find general information about the avocado.
Therefore, we have compiled a list of the 10 greatest benefits that probably make you understand why this delicious fruit is a great addition to your diet and belongs to the category Superfood.
The 10 Benefits of Avocados:
- Rich with nutrition; avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, and they also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Healthy for the heart; Regular consumption of beta-sitosterol (25 mg in about 30 grams) – of which avocados are rich – help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Great for Vision; Avocados contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals concentrated in the tissues of the eyes where they provide protection to help minimize damage, including from ultraviolet light.
- Osteoporosis prevention; Half of an avocado provides approximately 25 % of the daily recommended intake of vitamin K. An essential and strong nutrient for bone health – often overlooked but just as important as calcium and Vitamin D.
- Cause death to cancer cells; that might cause colon, stomach, pancreatic, and cervical cancers.
- Healthy Babies; folate during pregnancy is super important and avocado is rich in folate.
- Lower risk of depression; the folate in avocados prevents the buildup of homocysteine, a substance that is known to disturb the delivery of nutrients to the brain.
- Improved digestion; natural fiber in avocados helps to prevent constipation and stimulates a healthy digestive tract.
- Natural detoxification; because the fiber in the avocado helps the body excrete dangerously toxins.
- Protection from chronic diseases; such as coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and certain gastrointestinal diseases.
*** Nannazz Fruits delivers the avocados directly to your doorstep, convenient and reliable! ***